The movement of Gezi, Istanbul ...#OccupyGezi















As you may know, I am not much to promote politics nor take 100% of any sides in any political practice. However the most recent tragedies of the Turkish government against it's own civilians and the years of planned government oppression had me concerned. Whenever any human being in any country faces unjust, un-humane, aggression towards freedoms whether it be here or there gets me fired up. As an artist, I feel, we have  responsibilities to how we can participate in encouraging change in the world... This week was one of those moments. I am gratefully a Turkish born citizen but I am also very much a proud American. The recent incident in Gezi Park in Istanbul disheartens me. It saddens me to see such a beautiful and majestic country being oppressed by a cruel and hateful government. Yet it also inspires me to see such courage in the people of Turkey. I have always and will always belive in freedom of speech, freedom to marry, freedom to love, freedom of art, freedom of belief...May strength be with the people of Turkey, my beautiful birthplace country. Keep fighting!

Comments

Popular Posts