Birds

Malibu Pier

Downtown Los Angeles

Crows


Hummingbird in Huntington Library
  

Parrot, Long Beach CA


Sitting, Standing, Flying


Malibu Pier, Pre-Flight


 A series of Birds. 

I've always loved taking photographs of birds in a variety of states. Maybe since it reminds me of the beach where I find it most peaceful. Or perhaps it's because it reminds me of how flight must feel effortless yet challenging the all aspects of gravity. 

The first photo that I submitted at the age 9 was in elementary school. I actually won an award for a photograph of a flock of birds on the beach. I find observing birds relaxing. These photographs posted here are a series of birds I took over many years. I even presented a few of them for a performance art dance I created for HOMELA called Birds. I had several of my photos displayed on the wall with cooing sounds being heard from the speakers while I bobbed my head and flapped my arms. I hope you enjoy these photographs I am sharing and they somehow bring you a sense of peace.

-Selen

Photography © Selen Ermanav Demirel 


Comments

Popular Posts