Stuffed Mussels from Istanbul!


All photos are ©Selen Ermanav Demirel 

Dear Heavens!... and HEAVEN it is! 
Turks love to stuff things and this is one mouthwatering stuffing!
Stuffed mussels is by far one of my favorite meals (it's actually an appetizer that I eat a ton of = Meal) in Turkey. It is so good. I wish I could make it once a week. However the time it takes to make it is too long and better made on special occasions with guests (or in my case no guests so I can eat them all). I just wish Los Angeles would get hip to it. It's basically made with spices, rice and my favorite will usually have pine nuts and currents in the recipe. It's such a unique taste. The photos are from our last trip to Istanbul. It was truly amazing and delicious.
Here is a site I found with one type of recipe. Enjoy!



Comments

Popular Posts